Meat Free Monday: Applesauce Pancakes!


Helloooo!
I'm excited to share this AWESOME vegan version of Breakfast Pancakes!
They taste delicious and the smell of cinnamon is just YUM!
This is a very simple recipe, without eggs, milk or butter. It is quick and easy to make, fool-proof!
I say that, because I have tried to make pancakes a THOUSAND times and they always turned out terrible and tasting like baking soda.
When I made this vegan version for the first time, I had to text everybody I knew letting them know that "I had finally made good pancakes"! haha
Its a guaranteed hit and you can adapt it to your own desire.
So, the recipe:


  • 1/2 cup of Applesauce
  • 2 cups of Flour
  • 1/2 tsp Salt
  • 2 tsp Sugar (brown or regular)
  • 1/4 Vanilla Extract (optional)
  • 2 cups Water
  • 2 tsp cinnamon


Mix all the dry ingredients together first. I like to use a strainer so its all fluffy and without huge balls of flour.
Then, SLOWLY add the water. Add a little bit, and stir it. Keep doing that and then add the applesauce. Mix it all together until you have a nice consistent batter.
Next, heat up a greased frying pan on medium-high heat. Put some batter on it, and flip sides when you see little bubbles on top of your pancake.


Done!
They're delicious, easy and to die for.
Take a day to change your habits and to experience different flavors. You can help the planet, doing a little bit everyday.
Thanks for stopping by!!

xoxo




0 comments:

Post a Comment