Meat Free Monday:Easy and Quick Snacks!

Hi guys!!

I'm back with two quick suggestions for Meat Free Monday snacks, and also a reflection.
I have been thinking a lot about how people react when I talk about the vegan lifestyle. Usually people don't understand the real meaning of it so they say things like:
OMG how do you get your proteins? (that's not even a thing)
Can you only eat salad?
Meh, its so boring to be vegan, can't do it.
We NEED meat.

I could go on and on, but all I want to say today is: please read and research more about it before any conclusions. Please, leave your confort zone. Try at least once a week. It's amazing and it feels SO good! Another thing is: VEGANISM IS NOT RESTRICTIVE! There are thousands of foods you'd eat everyday, in a vegan version. Again, read, ask questions, try different flavors. Its all worth it, I promise!

About the snacks:


This is my FAVORITE snack (before or after lunch):
  • mini sweet peppers
  • olive oil
  • spices (salt, black/red pepper, garlic powder, oregano)
Put washed peppers on cooking sheet. Spread oil all over them and sprinkle your spices on top. Broil for 3-5 minutes, or until is cooked! 



This one is my favorite for quick, on the go, busy morning breakfast:
  • strawberries (or literally, any other fruit you like) 
  • coconut milk 
  • granola
  • sugar
  • ice 
You can either, blend it all together and drink it as a smoothie (so yummy) or just mix it with a spoon and eat it that way! Practical and energy boosting! I add as many fruits and granola as possible so I feel good to start my morning. Sometimes, I also throw some coconut flakes in it :)

There you go! Yummy, easy, clean and healthy snacks that you can prepare on the go. Help the animals and your body to feel GOOD! Take a chance and try those out!

xoxo

1 comment:

  1. The thing is that people just ask the same questions over and over again. Before asking the same boring questions meat -eaters should watch Cowspiracy and Earthlings and then come with smart questions. Veganism is not just about eating habits and saving animals. People should understand that veganism is about global warming side effects, deforestation, killing wild animals to "protect" cattle, water consumption and the list go on.

    ReplyDelete